Gypsy's Reviews > Nocturnal

Nocturnal by Scott Sigler

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: fiction, scifi
Read from April 13 to 20, 2012

A deliciously gory & bloody monster book with some nerdy genetic science bits thrown in the plot line. Originally, I got the book as reading material for my 6 hr flight 2 days later, but once I start reading it I couldn't stop! The first night, I finished half of the book & only put the book down because I heard the birds chirping outside my window which meant it was already morning! I reluctantly put the book down until I was on the plane. When I got off the plane I only had 5% of the book left to finish. Busy week at work meant I couldn't get to the ending until the end of the week, it was a torturous wait! If I could, I would have call in sick, just to stay in the hotel & finish the book. Yes, it's THAT good. Not giving away any spoilers but apparently the book is quite different from the original podcast.

I can't help but think Nocturnal would make SUCH an awesome first person shooter video game. Imagine being part of the story where you can choose your weapon & which side you want to be: humans or the creatures, and THEN, let the slaughtering begin!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nocturnal.