M.M. Roethig's Reviews > A Texan's Honor

A Texan's Honor by Shelley Gray

5193615
Apr 14, 12

Read from April 12 to 13, 2012

Jamilyn, left without family because of death, had made the decision to travel to Kansas City in hopes that the man she's been writing will want to become her husband. Will is an undercover agent for the US Marshall's posing as part of a notorious gang who enjoys robbing trains. These two meet when the train is held up and against all odds, Jamie is held captive. Will must now keep her safe from this while band of renegades without giving up his true identity which would put both of them in greater danger. Jamie, on the other hand, must decide who to trust and how far that trust should go.

This was an exciting book, lots of action, and a great look into the life of a gang back in the 1800's. Nothing was safe, no one could be trusted, times were tough, and between all of that, love still found a way to shine through.

I really enjoyed this book, however, I did find some areas were a tad unclear with some of the events. At times I thought the train was still moving when a few pages later I find the train was actually stopped. But, aside from those small details, I really enjoyed the book. I loved hearing about Jamie and Will and how each were drawn to one another but because of their situation and low self worth from both characters, they were kept from expressing their true feelings.

I also loved Scout in this book. We first hear of Scout when he was a minor character in A Texan's Promise, and to hear more if his story continue in this book really makes me long for a story all his own!

If you're looking for a gripping tale of romance, danger, second chances, and redemption . . . this is a book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Texan's Honor.