Sam's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil is a unique and clever take on angels and demons. It's filled with romance and scenes that will make you laugh uncontrollably! If your looking for a good book to buy...BUY THIS ONE! I know there is quite a few angel/demon books in the young-adult genre at the moment, but I can guarantee that you won't be expecting what Sweet Evil has under it's pretty cover.

Sweet Evil follows the story of a young girl, Anna Whitt, who isn't as ordinary as she might like. She can see and feel other's emotions. When Anna visits a nearby club with her best friend, Jay, she discovers the intriguing, Kaidan. He's different from the other boys that Anna's met - apart from the fact that he's drop-dead gorgeous - she can't see his emotions. He knows something about Anna that she doesn't even know about herself. Anna knows she should keep her distance but going on a road trip with the son of Lust isn't going to help that matter...

Anna was a really fun and interesting character to read about. She's not the strongest or the bravest, instead, she's very innocent and respectful. Basically, she's a good girl. There were times in the book when we saw her, which I found extremely amusing!

And obviously a YA book couldn't grab the attention of many without a love interest! In this book, it's Kaidan! Hot, British accent, blue eyes, all round perfect?

"He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy." - Page 13.

He reminds me a lot of Daemon Black from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, they are similar in so many ways: personalities, actions, decisions, etc. Kaidan is one of those characters that will have a girl swooning when he let's his guard down but when that guard is up, be prepared to face a jerk. I don't want to go into too much detail of Kaidan's character because I don't want to ruin the book for you. So here's 3 words: Son. Of. Lust.

Sweet Evil has an ending that will leave readers waiting in agony for the sequel. If you only read one angel/demon book this year, make sure it's Sweet Evil! Wendy Higgins has created a dangerous world that I just want to delve into. This is one of my favourite reads of all time, it'll definitely be on my bookshelf for a very, very long time!

Read more of my reviews at Falling Books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

05/27/2012 page 4
1.0% "Hmmm...interesting start."
05/28/2012 page 278
61.0% "CHAPTER 17 WAS HOT. *Fans self*"
05/28/2012 page 278
61.0% "CHAPTER 17 WAS HOT. *Fans self*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Madison Louise Are you enjoying it so far?

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Madison wrote: "Are you enjoying it so far?"

I've just started it :D It pretty good!!

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam *It's

Madison Louise Yay!

message 5: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam I'm almost on page 300 and damn....Chapter 17 was hot ;)