Zeek's Reviews > Tall, Dark & Lonely

Tall, Dark & Lonely by R.L. Mathewson

Apr 13, 12

bookshelves: pnr-kitchen-sink, pnr, vamps, dnf
Read in April, 2012

Ugh. as much as I liked the first one I read by this author, Playing for Keeps, I thought for sure i'd enjoy Tall, Dark & Lonely, considering it's paranormal and all.

Yeah not so much.

Scatter brained and srsly lacking in focus, I'm guessing this was her first attempt at writing? Anyway, I actually made it about 53% of the way in because I srsly loved the hero and to a lesser extent the heroine. But when the author went a total different direction for like the third time in the story- I threw in the towel. Plus the heroine started workin on my nerves with all her denials. hate that.

That said, I'm gonna try the next in this series. :P What the heck- it's only .99 cents and I know she has it in her. Why not?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tall, Dark & Lonely.

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly thats too bad. I liked the first story I read by her, which was Playing For Keeps as well, but it reminded me so much of Shelly Laurenston that I kept waiting for Jason to announce he was a were bear or something. It was his deranged love of food that I found so funny. So I skipped the next book in that series and bought this book instead, thinking I would like it better. :(

message 2: by Zeek (last edited Apr 13, 2012 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Zeek Well you might like it better than me- srsly, the beginning was very promising and I honestly like the hero so much- and alarmingly honest about his blood lust O_O - I just got sick of the heroine being so wishy washy.

I dunno, I may eventually go back and finish it, but I kid you not- no focus!

message 3: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Apr 13, 2012 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Funny review! The story continued to go haywire until about the 80% mark, then it started to gel. Still, a crazy f'd up story! I believe you quit before a truly 'icky' scene where Ephraim blackmails the blackmailer. Ewwww!! The mother was awful and easy to hate. Her ending was fitting. But I don't know why you'd want to read the next, I couldn't put myself through more of this. Love her NEH series though, I can't wait for more of those.

Saly This series is so not for me. This book had major icky scenes, I too will stick to the NFH series.

message 5: by Yui (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yui felt the same thing halfway thru Zeek but decided to stick to it since its a short chick-lit. true the issues didnt wash out but i kinda liked how she handled the hero at the end. im to read the 2nd book. chris story doesnt look promising but im loking forward to seeing wimpy kick some ass.