Ben Smith's Reviews > Rule of Two

Rule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn

Jul 30, 12

bookshelves: star-wars, science-fiction
Read in July, 2012

Rule of Two picks up from where Path of Destruction left off, following Darth Bane as the sole surviving Dark Lord of the Sith. This book also introduces the character of Rain/Darth Zannah, Bane's apprentice. I feel that this book suffers from "middle book syndrome" somewhat, as there is not nearly as much character development for Bane as there was in the first novel and not much happens that affects the Star Wars galaxy at large. Luckily, Zannah's intriguing growth as an apprentice helps to make up for this. The Jedi characters also prove interesting, and I often found I wasn't really sure who I was rooting for when major characters collided. The book keeps you on the edge of your seat, and there are several major plot twists along the way. If you are a fan of the Star Wars Universe and don't mind novels focusing on dark side characters, I would highly recommend this series. Make sure to start with Path of Destruction though, which introduces Bane and his rise to power. If you have already read the first book and liked it, you will probably enjoy this one as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rule of Two.