Richard (Bound & Determined...)'s Reviews > The Massive Hole Theory

The Massive Hole Theory by Michael S. West

Jan 01, 13

bookshelves: review-request
Read in December, 2012

I started reading this yesterday because I needed something to read. I knew it was on my Kindle App on my iPhone from a review request and was different from what I had been reading recently. So I gave it a shot and almost immediately wanted to kick myself for not having started it sooner. Here’s why:

Setting: It’s a Southern book, y’all. It’s set in Atlanta, which is second on my list of Favorite Southern Cities.
Characters: They’re hilarious! They’re real, honest, and relatable. I mean, who hasn’t at some point visualized themselves chocking someone that irritated them. I do this almost on the daily! And their voices were so genuine, there was nothing fake about the way they spoke, nothing inconsistent.
Story: Although it began as a little bit cliché-lawyer-movie, The Massive Hole Theory quickly caught my attention and kept it through the end. There is so much witty humor in this book! I found myself laughing out loud and smiling constantly as I read it. There was never a dull moment from beginning to end!

I couldn’t believe how invested I became in this story and characters. My sense of justice flared and I began planning letter writing campaigns to clear Ryan Michael’s name and fundraisers to help pay his legal bills! West did an amazing job writing this!

Now on to what annoyed the snot out of me: I got the review request in April. Now it’s December. And I couldn’t remember what this book was about. So I didn’t remember this was a novella! It was just way too darn short!

But, not to worry. This is an introduction to the series, so there’s a second book out!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Massive Hole Theory.