Nicole Doerr's Reviews > The Gingerbread Boy Book & CD

The Gingerbread Boy Book & CD by Paul Galdone

Apr 13, 12

bookshelves: children-s-lit
Read in April, 2012

The Gingerbread Boy is in audio book format. It come with a CD to read along with. This is for preschoolers and school aged children. This a classic folklore about a married old couple. The had no kids and lived all by themselves. The wanted to have a little ginger bread boy so the lady bakes one. But he runs away from him saying the famous quote "Run! Run! Run! Catch me if you can! You can't catch me! I'm the Gingerbread Boy, I am! I am!" He ends up running from a cow, horse, men in a barn, field of mowers. Then a fox helped him across the river so he wouldn't get wet, but he ate him when they got to the other side. And everyone else gave up trying to catch him. It is such a cute story. The word choice of Paul Galdone was awesome. You can't help to to keep reading to find out what will happen next. The illustrations are bright and cover the whole page. You could use this book in the classroom setting to start a lesson on cooking cookies, or ginger bread boys. Overall this book is a delight to read and follow along with the CD.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gingerbread Boy Book & CD.