Katrina's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Felicity Heaton

May 12, 12

Read in May, 2012

The Creator Day Masquerade is near; all seven pure bloodlines are attending.

Sophis and Vivek have discovered a small army of Vampire Hunters that have gathered in Saint Petersburg, they must team up to defend the bloodlines and get over their differences to keep the bloodlines safe. But due to circumstances that happened ten years prior are they able to get over their feud in order to do their duty?

Masquerade is another great instalment – to Felicity Heaton’s collection of fantastic novels. She never disappoints and just leaves us wanting more after each story she puts forth. Her descriptions are always so well described and scribed - it’s easy to envisage every scene whether it is action packed, emotional or hot under the covers. ** waggles eyebrows **

Felicity has certainly put forth a huge amount of effort with this story, blending in all the blood lines for us, and creating curve balls, and twists and turns throughout. !! Characters from her previous books have been scripted in and I must say that I was swooning big time throughout this read and have taken home many more book boyfriends. Her male characters are always put forward as kick arse – loving and what I’d call Beef Cakes – full of the entire goodness one could want... Heroic – sexy and have all the right moves at the best of times.

The love scenes are smoking hot = well detailed – filled with the right amount of emotion. From the characters point of view and also for the reader to feel. Vivek rocks Sophis like no other – Felicity has put a little treat in this story for us – I won’t go into any details except that behind every Mask is a mystery ;) ** grins ** I felt Like I was a fly on the wall throughout that scene !! I was eagerly buzzing through at record pace for this part :) It will make your eyelashes curl and have you giddy!!!

The love and attraction between Sophis and Vivek was certainly evident – magnetic, loving – yet two tortured souls in need of each other and forgiveness.

The action packed scenes were kick arse and well detailed.

Felicity Heaton’s greatest strength is writing action, emotion and romance sequences that will make your heart pound or stop completely at intervals.

Masquerade is an action packed – romantic page turner. You will be riveted – and intrigued right until the last page has been turned!! Be prepared for a kick arse heroic female lead, a plot that packs adventure and suspense and romance that will knock your socks off!!!!

**** This book can be read as a stand alone - Felicity has made sure that she has included enough information for you not to get lost amoung the details and give the reader a story that will make them want to read the previous books or continue to read more to come in this series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.