Nicole Lim's Reviews > At First Sight

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

Apr 13, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read in October, 2011

At First Sight is really a heart-warming story from one of the best authors, Nicholas Sparks. It does not tell us just about Lexie Darnell's and Jeremy Marsh's romance but it touches their relationship with God and science.

The story of Lexie's past including her relationship with that police officer was really suspicious from the start because I've read At First Sight first before I'd read True Believer which made me wonder on both characters. But the story became smooth the further you read it because of Lexie and Jeremy's child. I was really touched by their daughter's birth. It made my eyes teary, discovering that Lexie hadn't made it alive.

I was also astonished in a negative way because of Jeremy Marsh's anger to his child at first, unaware of the consequences her child also has to face in the future. But his anger towards her slowly faded realizing he should love her daughter just as he loves Lexie.

As to my ratings, I really enjoyed reading that book. I even brought it with me during our flight. It was a very moving story. Two thumbs up to Nicholas Sparks!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At First Sight.