Pam's Reviews > The Colour of Tea

The Colour of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe

Apr 29, 12

Read from April 23 to 29, 2012

This is a book about shattered dreams and dreams newly created. Grace opens a cafe, nurtures it and raises it as though it were the child she couldn't have. She hides behind her busyness so that she doesn't have to face her many ghosts. Grace first appears as a beaten down woman who confronts her ghosts one at a time gaining strength along the way with the help of a culturally diverse group of women. The author has a wonderful poetically descriptive writing style which allows for the colourful characters to shine through even without dialogue. Pete's character, Grace's husband, isn't fully developed until half way through the book, which, although may not have been necessary, would have allowed the reader better insight into their marriage. The outcome, to me, was fairly apparent, however, it didn't deter me from thoroughly enjoying the journey. I look forward to seeing more from this writer.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Colour of Tea.

04/23/2012 "Thank you Goodreads and Simon and Schuster Canada for giving me the opportunity to be one of the first people to read and review this book. I look forward to it."