Wee Shubba's World's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Apr 15, 12

Read from April 13 to 15, 2012

Pure is book 2 in the Covenant series and if you read my review for Half-Blood you know I had a lot of problems with it. However, Pure outshines Half-Blood in everyway. As an author Jennifer truely shines and leave the reader hooked and wanting more and more.

Pure still follows Alex but this time she is trying to deal with the horrible events from book 1. I actually really liked her in this one. She is stubborn, lacks respect for the rules and is trying to deal with her feelings about Aiden and her mother. I found that I could connect with her a lot more. And the relationship she develops with Seth is the reason why I liked her. I know everyone loves Aiden. Yip, I do aswell but Seth.....oh mother may I. Seth comes into book 1 about halfway through but in Pure he is one of the main characters and the bond between him and Alex is amazing. He is full of himself, annoying but so funny. And he truely cares for Alex. I'm definitely Team Seth!!!

As I mentioned, the biggest problem I had with Half-Blood was how similar it was to Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and I worried this would be the same. Thankfully it wasn't. Pure really was a fast paced, action packed and very unique compared to Half-Blood. I was completely hooked from the first chapter and found myself falling in love with the story and the characters. However, I wasn't a big fan of the ending. It leaves you hanging there with a cliffhanger without answering some questions that develop throughout the book. I know it is a good way to create mystery and suspense around Deity, Book 3, but for me I wanted answers in Pure.

Overall, Pure was an amazing and unique. It has action, humour, romance but it also has some scenes that will have you reaching for the tissues. And Jennifer, what a talented author. She really shines with this book and I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.

Please, leave your comments below. Tell us what you think of the series or if you think its a series you would read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

04/13/2012 page 85