Tara's Reviews > Intangible

Intangible by Jen  Meyers

Apr 18, 2012

bookshelves: review-copy, fantasy, fey, kindle, debut-author-challenge-2012
Read from April 15 to 18, 2012

I admit that lately, I’ve been super-picky with which review requests I actually end up agreeing to, because at the moment I’m right at the end of my Uni course, and I don’t have as much time for reading/reviewing as I normally would. However, when a request for this book came into my inbox, I found myself intrigued – the synopsis really appealed to me, as did the pretty purple cover. Obviously I agreed, and I’m really, really glad I did.

This book, I felt, gave a lot more than the synopsis originally suggested. I thought it was literally going to be about a seer and a healer trying to keep their own secrets. However, this book offers much, much more, with an underground world of vampires, fey and other magical creatures all seamlessly being wound together, complete with their own group politics, and a war waiting to happen.

I ended up really liking the characters in this one. Normally I stay well away from books with twins, but the relationship was tackled really well in this one. Sera and Luke have the stereotypical twin closeness without it seeming cheesey or overdone, and I like the way that Fey is subtly different to ‘normal’ people within the book, though it’s not screamingly obvious from the beginning what role she plays, or what she truly is. The other characters were also done well – I liked Jonas throughout, and Marc was just what the story really needed, I think.

The writing style also worked really well for me in this book – the changes in points of view between characters didn’t feel jerky, and it wasn’t done all too often.

Basically, there was very little to complain about, and I genuinely would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys their paranormal or fantasy books. I’d also like to thank J Meyer for giving me a copy of this to review – I’d have missed out on a fantastic book had I never found it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intangible.