Anne's Reviews > Mad About the Dog

Mad About the Dog by Belinda Harley

Apr 16, 12

Read from April 13 to 16, 2012

When I came across this little book, I just knew I had to read it. The adorable face of Goofy on the cover, and the added bonus of it being set on the Greek island of Paxos - where I've just booked a holiday. I was not disappointed at all. It's a slim book, just less than 100 pages but within those pages Belinda Harley paints a vivid picture of a beautiful little dog called Goofy.

Initially Goofy adopted her. Belinda was staying on Paxos when this funny little dog started to follow her around, stealing her heart and showing her endless love. Belinda discovered that Goofy's owners were out working hard for much of the day and that he was left tied up in the hot sun in their yard. They soon became inseperable and she was heartbroken when she had to return to London and leave Goofy behind. Belinda made a very big decision, one that would change both of their lives. She would bring Goofy to England, he would live with her.

Goofy's owners agreed and so began the long process of bringing Goofy home - the endless paperwork, the long journeys, the legalities of it all.

Goofy loved England! And the English people loved him, he was soon a feature in the high-class London neighbourhood, making friends everywhere that he went.

This is a wonderful, well-written story that will tug at the heartstrings and will require a box of tissues at your side before the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad About the Dog.