Michelle's Reviews > Promise Me This

Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke

Apr 13, 2012

bookshelves: kindle
Read from April 25 to May 09, 2012

This is my first novel by Cathy Gohlke, and it will not be my last! Gohlke is an incredibly talented author, and it's easy to see why she is a two-time Christy Award winner. The story is very well written, and I'd liken it to a multifaceted gem. There's nothing flat about this novel, as it has many dimensions and layers to it -- family, the Titanic, World War I, a love story, and the beautiful Christian elements of faith, forgiveness, redemption, and self-sacrifice. Every aspect of the story was skillfully woven to create a very satisfying read; one that I would definitely describe as epic.

There's so much to this story, and it's certainly not a quick read, but it's one that's very hard to put down! I couldn't wait to see what happened next as Gohlke took me from one scene to another, effortlessly spanning many years and settings. With fascinating historical details, realistic characters, and many twists and turns, I give this one a full five stars!

Promise Me This is a well researched and well written book that will captivate you! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical fiction, with beautiful messages of faith.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promise Me This.

04/25/2012
05/01/2012
52.0% "Oh! This book is so hard to put down, but I must, for I am up way past bedtime. ;-)" 1 comment
show 6 hidden updates…