Cass - Words on Paper's Reviews > Temptation

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

Juuuuuuuuust received an ARC! <3 No pretty cover. However, I'm interested to see how the Amish thing goes, since I've never read about it before. The extent on my knowledge is that one episode of FRIENDS when Monica tells "Monica" that she's Amish.

It seems very romancey-Romeo-ey, so hopefully the whole book isn't just weighed down by that.

DNF. Just not for me. Every second thought from both characters was about the other...it gets tiring after the first few times. I just can't find the motivation to get to the end. Maybe later?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation.

08/02/2012 page 39
10.0% "Come. On! The prospects of my reading this book to the end is diminishing with every page. Nothing is happening! All I got from the first 40 pages is that Rose and Noah are both instantly attracted to one another. Noah is at war with himself like he's in love. And Rose is drawn to his beauty (and vice versa). I know nothing about either character, except that Noah is a wholesome Amish teen. And Rose is not."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Can't wait to see what you think of this one. Sounds like it could quickly go either way.

message 2: by Cass - (new) - added it

Cass -  Words on Paper Brittany wrote: "Can't wait to see what you think of this one. Sounds like it could quickly go either way."

I'm hoping I do enjoy it. I've read some mixed responses so far, so we'll see. I'm not generally a fan of pure romance/tragedy type books, but I did like Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (of course, 'like' isn't the right descriptor of how I feel for that book).