Sherry's Reviews > The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: awc, favorites
Read from April 12 to June 17, 2012

I really loved this book. I think I need to buy it so I can refer to it often. It was full of research on what makes people happy, but rather than focusing on the science, like Stumbling on Happiness for example, it focused on the application. The author talks you through how she applied the science of happiness in her life with her family. She was honest with her struggles and her mistakes, which made it easy to relate to her. She's also fond of quotable quotes, which is one of my personal obsessions.

So many people don't want to know the theory behind something, they just want to know how to do it. Cut to the chase! This book does that. If you're looking for the little ways you can improve your mood, even if you are not an unhappy person, this book will offer you suggestions.

Let me say that I read this author's blog from time to time several years ago and I didn't like her blog. I would try to read it, but I couldn't get into it. Her book is much better (praise be to editors!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Happiness Project.

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I have this in my Kindle. I'm eager to read your review.