Regina's Reviews > The Unraveling

The Unraveling by Hugh Howey

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: dystopia
Read from April 12 to 19, 2012

#4 in the Wool series is my favorite, which is saying a lot. 1-3 are well-written dystopia fun, #4 is fantastic. #1, 2 and 3 are each told from the point of view of a new character. #4 remains with a character introduced in 3 but adds a new point of view.

What is so good about these books? The character development, the well written and fully fleshed out story that is both solidly built and fast paced. A world so thoroughly described and carefully written that I believe if I was dropped in a silo I could navigate myself through it. A dystopia book as dystopia is meant to be -- with a questioning of the authority running the world, a questioning of what happened and why and some damn good mystery and action. The ending of #4 is a wonderful cliff hanger, but the great thing about the ending is that it is climatic, satisfying and #5 is just waiting to be started. I highly recommend this series for fans of dystopia, survivalist based books, books that question authority, and mysteries. You will not be disappointed, they are short quick reads but still richly satisfying.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unraveling.

04/15/2012