Brian Valerio's Reviews > Payback Time

Payback Time by Carl Deuker

M 50x66
Apr 18, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The novel Payback Time By Carl Deuker is a book about sports which I am not really intrested in, but this is a great book and would want to read more of his books. The author is a very author because he gives off so much detail that he gives you a visual picture of the scene of the book. The book has so many interesting scenes like when Mitch ( the main character) and Kami are investigating and spying on Angle ( A transfer student from Philadelphia, thought to be a twenty year old man playing in a high school football team) when he was thought to be with the drug dealers behind a liquor store. Mitch and Kami where spotted taking pictures of them. Mitch went outside and got something out of the liquor store to seem less suspicious, but he was fallowed from the liquor store and was confronted from the drug dealers. Mitch turned around ,but to him it seemed like years, he was punched in the face and was pinned against his car. Kami was terrified and started too call 911. This part of the store was so hooking too me and I couldn't wait to find out what happened next too Mitch and also what happened too Kami. The author was amazing to put this picture in my head because I saw the whole scene in my head. I could see Mitch walking back to the car happy that he did it because he showed how brave he was to walk to the liquor store and back in one peace but that soon ended when he turned around and got punched in the face and pinned against his car, I could see Kami pointing at the gang/drug dealers coming behind of Mitch and screaming in fear. I could feel how Mitch and Kami felt when the gang/drug dealers where yelling at Mitch to give them the car keys so they could go inside and take the camera away from Kami. I could picture every punch and kick that was thrown at Mitch who was laying helplessly on the floor, air knocked out of him. The authors imagery was the reason I kept on reading because it became so hooking and I couldnt wait what would happen next too Mitch and also what would happen too Kami.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Payback Time.