Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Jul 12, 12

Read in April, 2012

Book Trailer: http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

So I promised myself I wouldn't use some cheesy play on the word slammed, but daaaaaamn this book not only slammed me right out of my book slump but slammed me into total Colleen Hoover submission!! I confess I wasn't slammed right away. In fact, I was devistated. Utterly disappointed and totally convinced this was going to be another generic romance that happens way too quickly....

I was wrong! Wrong. Wrong. WRONG!!! The turning point for me was the plot shocker and shock me it did. My mouth was slammed wide open with complete surprise. I love it when I don't see it coming. The story was transformed into a heartshattering, heartbreaking, and passionate story of love, loss, turmoil and a whole lot of other stuff. It was an emotional rollercoaster gone wild!!!

This is usually where I talk about the characters I loved, didn't love, or loved to hate, but I can't. I loved them all. You don't just fall for Layken and Will's relationship you fall for every single one! Her relationship with her mom, her brother. Will's relationship with his brother...Relationship-fest 2012!!!! I'm in love...with EVERYONE!!

I instantly dove right into Point of Retreat without even coming up for air. I laughed, I cried, I became sexual frustrated!! I never saw this series coming, but it slammed into me with such force all I can say is read the book!!

Reviewed at http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Victoria to read list! sounds great :)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Victoria wrote: "to read list! sounds great :)"

Most definitely :-)

Victoria Smith Ah, I just started! This is insane!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Victoria wrote: "Ah, I just started! This is insane!"

:-) I'd go ahead and by the sequel if I were you; you're gonna need it!!!

Victoria Smith Um, yeah I didn't even make it to bed before the second was on my kindle, haha!

Jessica So glad I read your review... I read Slammed right away and then Point of Retreat immediately after... amazing!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Jessica wrote: "So glad I read your review... I read Slammed right away and then Point of Retreat immediately after... amazing!"

YAY!!!!

Kristin (KC) Great review!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Kris wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks Kris!!! It was one of my milder ones, lol. I was on my best behavior ;-)

Kristin (KC) Your reviews are awesome, actually!! I've read some. Happy to have u as a friend and look forward to your reviews- fierce or mild! ;)

Molly Talbert Great review! This is one of those that I've heard extremely good things about!

Jaclyn Top 5 book for me, EVER! I heart Will!

Jaclyn Your reviews are exceptional! Love them!!!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Jaclyn wrote: "Your reviews are exceptional! Love them!!!"

So sweet :-)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Molly wrote: "Great review! This is one of those that I've heard extremely good things about!"

Another MUST raed!!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Kris wrote: "Your reviews are awesome, actually!! I've read some. Happy to have u as a friend and look forward to your reviews- fierce or mild! ;)"

LOL, love it! I'm glad someone (other than me) enjoys them ;-)

Lindsey Starting this one now. Lets see if we both think alike on this one as well! :-)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Lindsey wrote: "Starting this one now. Lets see if we both think alike on this one as well! :-)"

YOU'LL LOVE IT!! Guaranteed ;-)

Up All Night Book Addict Both of these are really good books!

Lindsey You are so right! I read this book in 24 hours! There was something so endearing and special about it that made it addicting! I'm getting ready to buy Point of Retreat right now on my kindle. I had no idea there was a second book until I reached the end of Slammed! So excited!

Up All Night Book Addict A third to come out eventually. Cant wait!

message 22: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari Amazing! Simply amazing. I forgot how much I missed poetry. Loved it and of course buying the second one as soon as I type out this message!! lol

Up All Night Book Addict The second one is just as good! You wont be disappointed!

message 24: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari OH good....cause reading three books was not enough for the weekend. Why not read four!!?? hahaha

Tough Critic Book Reviews Kari wrote: "OH good....cause reading three books was not enough for the weekend. Why not read four!!?? hahaha"

I should smack you for not having read them already ;-)

Renee crazy!!! I read 2 and that was a lot

message 27: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari Mollie wrote: "Kari wrote: "OH good....cause reading three books was not enough for the weekend. Why not read four!!?? hahaha"

I should smack you for not having read them already ;-)"

LOL! No kidden! What the hell was I thinking?? After Point of Retreat, I'm on to Avoiding Commitment. Avoiding "Avoiding Commitment" sounds like another smack-able offense!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Kari wrote: "Mollie wrote: "Kari wrote: "OH good....cause reading three books was not enough for the weekend. Why not read four!!?? hahaha"

I should smack you for not having read them already ;-)"

LOL! No ..."

Are you ready to smack me yet??? ;-)

message 29: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari Well....had to put Avoiding Commitment on hold so I could read Seduction and Snacks!! Your book review must be a world record use of vagina in one paragraph!! I should smack you for "making me" buy more books! lol

Tough Critic Book Reviews Kari wrote: "Well....had to put Avoiding Commitment on hold so I could read Seduction and Snacks!! Your book review must be a world record use of vagina in one paragraph!! I should smack you for "making me" b..."

Your love for S&S will balance out your deep seeded need to bitch slap my face after AC!! Promise!

Novels On The Run Wooot!!! Love your review! It does Slam you doesn't it:)

Hopeless is BRILLIANT!!! MIND BLOWING!!

Mich

message 32: by Hail (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hail Wow, your book trailer for this one is just AMAZING!!!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Hail wrote: "Wow, your book trailer for this one is just AMAZING!!!"

Thanks :-)

Jamie great trailer!!!!

Arwen Shoemaker Sorry, I must disagree. Lake was totally annoying and immature. Will was almost swoon-worthy but he was annoying too. - with his hot and cold, and he showed some lack of responsibility and maturity regarding Lake, school / and or/his job, and other things that were separate from him parenting his brother, with he seem pretty mature about, and their relationship seemed realistic. I liked her mom and the little boys, but the other characters were not impressive and the whole thing just did not WOW me.