Juanita Kees's Reviews > Bride by Mistake

Bride by Mistake by Anne Gracie

May 05, 12

Read from April 12 to May 01, 2012

I've only recently discovered Anne Gracie and am now very definitely a fan. Love the light-hearted, spirited approach to writing and the underlying humour that goes into each chapter. Bride by Mistake is a real page turner and the more I read, the more I warmed to Anne Gracie's voice.

When Lieutenant Luke Ripton makes a hasty wartime marriage to save Isabella from the misery of a marriage to her nasty cousin, he leaves his child bride untouched in a remote mountain convent with the expectation of an annulment once the danger has passed and Isabella comes of age.

Fate has other ideas for the couple. Jaded by war, the dashing young prince Isabella has waited ten long years for, is now a dark and brooding soldier turned Lord who finds it quite convenient that he has a ready-made, obedient convent wife to save him from the marriage mart.

Obedient she is not! Their fiery clashes will have you glued to your seat as the delightful Isabella leads Lord Ripton on a merry dance out of his gloom and into the happy ever after. Bring out the chocolates, pour the wine, make yourself comfortable and please, don't miss their journey...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bride by Mistake.