Michelle's Reviews > Summoning the Night

Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett

Apr 23, 2012

Read from April 12 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

I became a huge Jenn Bennett/Arcadia Bell fan after the first book in this series, Kindling the Moon. When you fall so much in love with characters you almost go in to the second book with a little trepidation because you don't know if anything can top what you read previously. I'm so excited to say that Summoning the Night lived up to KtM and so much more! The second in the series is back again with everyone's favorite characters; Cady, Lon, and of course Jupe. They are all settling in to life together quite well and Cady's finding herself finally opening up to the possibility of being a family after so many years by herself. She can't just enjoy a now quiet life, though, because evil has struck La Sienna again. About 30 years ago someone kidnapped children of the demons living in La Sienna and before Halloween they are hoping to complete what they started. Cady and Lon jump in to try and save the kids as well as Jupe. With only days to Halloween and just a few leads they will enlist as much help as they can to save lives, or die trying.

There was a lot of end-of-your-seat action and some great twists introduced to lead in to the next book in the series (which is sadly about a year away). The world created by Jenn Bennett seems so original that it’s a great read and the romance between Cady and Lon is so wonderfully written. Plus Jupe is such a riot it’s wonderful to see him try so hard to be an adult but at the same time have the vulnerability of a teenager. Another great read and I’m so excited for what comes next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summoning the Night.