Emily's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Chris Wooding

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: april
Read from April 12 to 29, 2012

WARNING! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS, SO UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME SPOILING IT FOR YOU, THEN DON'T READ IT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THE BOOK!

(view spoiler)

Why I picked up the book: I picked this book up because when I went to Chapters to go book shopping, there was a sticker on it that said “Sarah’s Pick” (I’m guessing that Heather is an employee or something, I don’t know). I read the back and it seemed interesting, so I bought it.

Why I finished the book: Near the end, Seth escaped Malice in search of the Shard (which was in the real world), the only thing that could kill Tall Jake. When children escape Malice, they forget everything, so Kady hypnotized Seth so that when he saw the Shard, he would remember everything. Kady isn’t a professional hypnotist, so I wanted to see if her hypnotism worked at the end and if Tall Jake would be defeated. At the last few pages, Seth started remembering bits and parts of Malice, so my hopes were raised. Unfortunately, the book ended with a cliff hanger, so I never found out.

Who do I think would want to read this book: I think Sonya would like to read this book. I know in a lot of my reviews lately, I’ve said that Sonya would like to read those books, but this one works too. Lately, she’s been asking me for good horror and mystery books, and this is a great one. I promised her I was going to lend it to her after I finished reading it, so I guess I’m giving it to her tomorrow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

04/16/2012 page 28
7.39% "Heather was over at Luke's house when he pulled out one of the most dreaded comic books, Malice and did the Tall Jake ritual. Legend said that when you did the Tall Jake ritual, Tall Jake will come and take you away and your fate will be shown in the next issue of Malice. Heather believed it but Luke did it to prove her wrong. Right after there was a blackout and he went missing the day after."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy Since you liked this one, you should read the sequel called Havoc.