Michelle's Reviews > Acheron

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 25, 08

bookshelves: guilty-pleasures, disappointments
Read in August, 2008

I hated most of this book.

Book 1 Acheron's torturous human life: Good stuff. Artemis was always a bitch.

Book 2 Present Day: Crap shit. Did someone else write this book? I wasn't buying any of it, and I had many moments of extreme eye-rolling.

I don't know what was worse, the horrible music and cheesey serenade in the club, or Acheron saying he wanted Tory on a platter. It didn't seem like those were things he would do or say at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acheron.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Apparently, you are in the minority with this. My god, people are idiots.

Michelle I don't even have the energy to write a thorough review on why I didn't like it. I just don't care.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim I know... I know... and the wait. We're idiots

Nira If you're saying the first part was better than the second, which pretty much sucked ass for me... then (lol) I completely agree with you.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann Martin finally someone who agreed with me on this book.I AM the minority here

adrienne thank you for this review! after i posted my review i realized that the overall rating was nearly 4.5 which totally baffled me. i couldn't believe all of the 5 star ratings people had given this book! and you're totally correct about it seeming to be written by two separate authors. had to laugh though- i had forgotten about ash singing to tory- i think i blocked it on purpose- and that reminded me exactly why i was so annoyed i had paid nearly $30 for this sadly crappy book. anyway, i'm so pleased not to be alone in recognizing this embarassing slush for what it is.

Amber I have now left my own review, but I too have to thank you. We are the idiots? I think the real idiots are the people who called this brainless drivel a five star book. The Ash singing to Tory part made me cringe too, that and the constant mention of his bad ass skulls and magical backpack.

message 8: by D0n_minion (new)

D0n_minion yeah, and tough men wears pink. where's your imagination people? seriously, aren't you tired of eating pizzas ALL day? kenyon is offering you an honest-to-goodness beef steak from time to time to fuel your brains because clearly the imaginative part of your brain is brainwashed by the pizza. lol! ash is offering you a diff. side of himself and not just his Tough R US daily routine. if he want to sing? let him be. men are cheesy by heart, we are just ignoring it with all our might because we like pizza more. they also wears pink and valolet(violet!)

ahahaha!!

Diane With you on the eye rolling. I can't believe that was Ash in the second part. Ugh, just ugh.

Vickie I'll stay in the minority, that way I can exercise my brain and not follow the pack. Kudos to you for being honest.

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ I'm happy to be part of the minority.

message 12: by M. (new) - rated it 1 star

M. I can't stand this book. It's so, so bad. I thought the first part was unnecessarily too long. How many times can you read about a person being tortured in extreme detail before you puke? And Who is this person they are calling Ash in the second part of this mess? I do not recognize him from previous books. Is he a pod person? And i think the story line 'we gotta save the girl otherwise the world is gonna end' can only be recycled so many times before it gets old. I'm glad to be part of the minority too, it proves my brain hasn't turned into mush.

Michelle I completely agree with you, Mika.

Camille Oh gods yes, I felt the same way while I was reading about Acheron's past and "love story". I disliked Tori for his love interest.

Stracia Brathwaite yes The Present day was shit

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Owen I totally agree! I was so excited for this book. The first half was great... the second half really seemed to be a different person than the Ash throughout the entire series. Where did he go? And Tory was annoying to me... not at all who I envisioned he would end up with. It honestly felt like a different author. It was like she through the entire series out the window and said "screw it".

Stracia Brathwaite Victoria wrote: "I totally agree! I was so excited for this book. The first half was great... the second half really seemed to be a different person than the Ash throughout the entire series. Where did he go? And T..."
yup i agree