Valentina's Reviews > Blood Oath

Blood Oath by T.L. Clarke

4197862
Apr 12, 12

Read in April, 2012

This was a fun teen book that will catch most young adult’s attention.
There is a nice sense of pacing throughout the book. I’ve found that an issue with many YA books, the feeling that the author doesn’t know how much detail, how much atmosphere to build, but this one was handled nicely. There is a slight issue with some of the word choices. I know that for many adults, cursing and bad language in general bother them, but in this case I think it was the lack of the usual curse words that made the dialogue feel a bit outdated. It felt forced, when it would have been much better to just insert the curse word. That’s really the only thing that bugged me throughout the book.
The protagonist, Gabby is a bit different from the usual teen fare, since she is much stronger than we are used to reading about. She is not the whining teen we expect, making her refreshing to read about.
The ending, which I won’t reveal was done well, also. It leaves you looking forward to the series’ next installment. This is one that I think teen will really enjoy and I do recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Oath.