Jessica (Find the Time to Read)'s Reviews > Crazy For You

Apr 13, 12

bookshelves: 2012, reviewed
Read from April 12 to 13, 2012

Originally posted at Find the Time to Read

Beige sums up this book perfectly. The premise was really interesting to me. Someone changing up their boring life, and trying to just shake things up, but for some reason it just fell flat. I feel like Quinn as a character could have expanded more, there really wasn’t much to her. She was the fixer of her group, the one that everyone turns too when their life is out of control, but there really wasn’t anyone Quinn could count on. Well other than her sisters ex-husband Nick, who honestly seemed like a jerk.

I don’t understand how the Nick and Quinn ended up together, or how they even fit together as friends. He seemed to be selfish and although he claimed to love her, he constantly held her at arms length and when they finally did hook up he treated her like he treated all of his other conquests. I just don’t get it. Not to mention he’s her sisters ex-husband, which is just a whole ‘nother ick factor for me.

The one thing that was done really well in Crazy For You was the insanity of Bill. I really did enjoy watching him kind of unravel as a character, and show how he was actually really insane and controlling. I didn’t like how Quinn kept excusing his behavior, but it was very realistically done which is one thing that honestly kept me reading the story. I wanted to see if he would ever get what was coming to him.

Another thing that kind of raised an eyebrow for me was Quinn’s mom and her relationship with her best friend Edie. I felt like it was supposed to be something serious but towards the end turned into kind of a joke. I really wish that Cruise would have either made the relationship serious, or made it so that it hadn’t really happened. Instead of having it where her mom just kind of flitted back home and dad knew all along.

Do I Recommend: Honestly, I would like to say I do but I don’t. Crazy For You fell very flat for me and just was not my cup of tea. I will however check out another book by Jennifer Cruise to see if it was a one time thing or not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy For You.