sogeekychick's Reviews > Grace of Day

Grace of Day by S.L. Naeole

Nov 12, 15

did not like it

someone please kill me!
a picture of me begging to get stabbed
That how bored I was.
I don't remember if I had gotten to the end and I dont even care.
Robert is just too perfect.too pretty. too twilighty(and mind you not -i was a huge twihard )
Everyone has something that is annoying about them.You just cannot be not flawed .
Look at grace all she does is annoy me,and robert says the perfect thing single time!that just not possible.
Would it kill him to curse once?
because even angels cant be perfect 24/7 .
Look at Patch from HUSH HUSH.
Yes I know, there is this halo above their heads which doesn't appear in this book.
If robert would had had one, I may actually like him because it is kinda cool in a weird way.
May I say that even edward wasn't perfect?
He freaking left Bella! (i know the shock!!)
Could it had been so awful if robert would have left Grace?
let me spell it- NO .(maybe added a twist to story ,a huge turn of events). I dont know about you but i like to be surprised, to be kept out of the loop ,just something that will keep me intersting ,so that i would want to continue reading.
Every time, I read about how much Grace adores him(that starts with an R -please guess away ) I wanted to slap her for more than one reason.

The reasons why I wanted to slap Grace:
1.she isn't a freak but she call herself one.
yes grace we understand that everyone thinks that you are one, but plihh-zee have some self respect.
2.she has a stupid dumb ass ex best friend -whose name I don't remember so let call him DA aka dumb-ass.
He has no personallity whatsoever and Grace is a total sucker .
I must say he surprised me for the best, when he marriend the blind chick- whose name I also don't remember-let's call her BC aka blind chick.
so they get married and he becomes immortal -a total shock !
but really i can't see what so amazing -AMAZING- about him.
The only one thing i must give him credit for, is the fact that he is a blond hottie (is he blond ?i think so..)and the BC is a totall BP(beautiful person) so what the hack ....who can blame the guy?and he totally slept with her AND with the head bitch of his school. so good for him!
3.oh no i haven't finished about him yet.in the first book i thought he was a jerk and he trully was (but he changed because he missed his best friend and yada yada) and Grace was stupid-she is stupid in general but this is just another reason-to fall for her best friend when she saw herself as the freak and him as the god.
4.one of the best things i loved about her is that she was part asian ,but somehow Grace made it, this freaking big bad deal when i think it kinda made her prettish,but our Grace is nothing like that .no no no folks she hates that about her (SURPRISE).every time i found something i liked about her .BOOOM!!! it came right back at me because surprise surprise Grace hates herself.she seriously needs a shrink that will help her improve her self image .if someone have a number of a good one please email it to her email: grace_loves_brits@yahoo.com.
thanks for the help we would really appriciate it-i am kidding of course she doesn't need one she already has one .
To top it all i will show you one of Grace's and robert's emotional conversations .Don't worry there are plenty in the book ,because teens have very deep conversations with each other .
espesially with boys because they are very deep!
enjoy:

G : rob i love you i will die for you !
(please help yourself)
R: no grace my angel my whole existence i had never felt anything like i feel for you . you are my love, my destiny, my heart will die without you and i will never be whole again .if you die i will die with you my Grace .please let me save you from the darkness that wants to take you away from me. if i must die to save you i would but i can't because i am death (sucks for you man-wouldn' wanna be you)even if i will be banished from earth remember me ,and if you will die i will find you my love, that i can promise you.
G:ohh rob i love you too!why don't you want to sleep with me?is that because i am an ugly freak because i totally am one .
R: of course i want to sleep with you but we must get married first .will you marry me Grace?
G: sure lets do it!

soo as you can see i have made mild changes but believe me it was for your own good.sometimes there were paragraphs full of crap so i had to get to end of the page to get to the point and i kid you not it made no difference ( get to the point Robert and Grace!!).
i think the characters are too emotionals in the bad way even the guys. i was waiting the whole series for the moment when DA and R would cry and if they had, it would made the whole series worse it .
i wanted to see grace understand how not freaky she was -and i think that she did- in a crazy way she did.

so that is my review of this book which i read 3 years ago when i had a pretty shittish taste in books .english is not my first language so there a few grammatical errors ,and it's the 3rd time in the last 2 years that i re-edit this thing .
one last thing i have to say :the british accent does contribute to the book because i have a weakness for british guys but he has a boring name. Couldn't he be a Whyne or Oliver?it sounds way cuter.I could see grace with an Oliver.

yours truly bookgeek,
I
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace of Day.