Anne's Reviews > The Exiled Queen

Apr 12, 2012

bookshelves: nook, read-in-2012, young-adult, fantasy, read-in-2016, kindle
Read from April 12, 2012 to March 17, 2016 , read count: 2

Re-read 2016

If you you were on the fence about the first book, I'm begging you to give #2 a chance!

description

This is where everything starts to come together & make sense in a big way.
In The Demon King, Han & Rasia's lives only intersect for a small portion of the book. I believe the main reason for that is because the author wanted each of them to have full backstories, including other romantic interests. I love that both of these characters have been in love before, and that their boyfriends/girlfriends weren't horrible people. It adds a touch of realism to the storytelling...in my opinion.
But in this, Han & Rasia's lives intertwine a bit more at Oden's Ford, and (bonus!) there are some huge spoilery REVEALS that happen in this one!
I'm probably botching this review, but (again, in MY opinion) The Exiled Queen is where shit really starts to get good.
Read it!

description

Original Review: 2012
I didn't want to finish this book, but I mean that in a good way. I just didn't want to have to stop reading!

I thought the plot was great, even though I'm not normally so in love with how Fantasy is written. I usually find it a tad bit boring when it comes to the world-building in this genre, and I'll admit it...the weird names usually throw me for a loop. However, the way the lives of the main characters in this story were interwoven into each other was so interesting, that I couldn't help but enjoy reading every last bit of this book.
It also possibly helped that I could (I think) pronounce all of the names.

One more thing I want to mention, and then I'm going to go...
I've got The Gray Wolf Throne in my hot little hands right now, and I can't wait to start reading it!
(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exiled Queen.