Jane Clark's Reviews > Glow

Glow by Jessica Maria Tuccelli

F_50x66
Apr 12, 12

Read in April, 2012

Great first novel. I still have to go back a see what happened to the little girl sent home on a bus. Not a strong tie up of the end to the beginning.

Jessica has been "yankeed" in her summers in the mountains. I searched and searched for Buckeye Pudding and LOL. Anything I found iterates buckeye nuts are poisonous.

Buckeye pudding reipes seem to be few and very recent recipes not civil war era recipes. It must be the raisins in the oatmeal pudding that make the pudding look like it has buckeyes in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited May 05, 2012 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica Tuccelli Dear Jane,

Thank you for reading Glow. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

You are correct, buckeye pudding recipes do not hail from the Civil War era. Cookbooks from this period do contain recipes for buckeye pudding; however,the recipe originates in colonial times.

I recommend the cookbook,"The Backcountry Housewife, Vol Improved. A study of 18th-century foods: To which is added sixty-five useful and savory recipes with discourses on the art & mystery of cookery," The book is fascinating and the pudding is scrumptious (and contains the raisins to which you refer.) I hope you enjoy both!

Best wishes,