cosmogirl7481's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Apr 15, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, forever-recc-d-to-everyone-i-know, swoony-boys-are-swoony
Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

Sometimes you read a book and you have an idea in mind of where you think it will take you. Having read The Goddess Test, I thought I knew what was going to happen in book two of this series. Well, I was wrong.

I had grown to love Kate and Henry in The Goddess Test. So much so, that I was surprised by how frustrated I was by the pair of them in the beginning. Especially Henry. With that being said, I’ll admit that my frustration stemmed from the fact that I was so invested in these characters as a couple.

I love the way the author weaves in existing mythology, all the while making this story very unique and her own. I found myself reaching back in my mind for the bits and pieces I’d learned about these gods and goddesses years ago. (My memory isn’t that good.)

I don’t give 5 star ratings easily. Seriously…I don’t. But with that being said, about halfway through this book I realized that Kate is one of my all-time favorite YA heroines. She’s right up there with Bella and Tris for me. And if you know me…you know what a big deal that is. And I can narrow my reasoning down to this: She never once gives up. She never stops fighting for what she wants. And she’s not afraid to make herself vulnerable. She exposes the feelings that she has and the way she loves Henry so much time and time again. She just lays it all out there. I can’t tell you how many times I have wanted a book heroine to do exactly that.

I can’t lie – Henry pisses me off on the regular in this book. So much. At one point, I wanted to punch him in the face…along with another certain character that shall remain nameless for spoiler’s sake. But even though he was pissing me off, holding Kate at a distance and being the broody mother-f’er that he is. I still loved him. I mean…he’s the king of the underworld. He’s supposed to brood, no?

But when he finally comes to her…Gah!!! There are no words for how I swooned. There are no words for the simple yet completely heart-wrenching way he finally tells her what she’s needed to hear. And what he’s needed to say.

I die, okay?

I DIEEEEE!!!!!

I’m a sucker for romance. I don’t generally like books that don’t have a romantic theme running throughout. Well, this book nails the romance part. I love them. I root for them. And somehow, in the midst of everything that’s happening to keep them apart, I know that they will end up together forever. Schmultzy much? I know…but IDGAF.

The end of this left me breathless. Seriously. I need the third book RTFN.

Read this book.

Seriously.

I will recc this book to everyone I know. EVERYONE!!!!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

04/13/2012 page 1
04/13/2012
6.0% "I love how snarky she is."
04/13/2012
28.0% "Why are all book twos about tearing the characters apart???? WHYYYYYYYYY??? I would throw this book across the room like I did with New Moon, but the book is on my iPad."
04/13/2012
33.0% "These "conflicted feelings" she's having about James seem forced. HE'S NOT HENRY, OKAY?"
04/14/2012
92.0% "DYING. I'm dying RTFN."
04/14/2012 page 304
100.0% "Ksixjzhxudsuxjhcdhnxdoosn gxjzbgsxxgzjskzhxgxzhjidjdkxnzjzkzjnzsmkszjndnxjjcsnm jcidchtcgallz hcgdikzkzkzzkjzzhhczhakk" 1 comment