Ibjoy1953's Reviews > A Time for Peace

A Time for Peace by Barbara  Cameron

U_50x66
Apr 12, 12

Read in January, 2012

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK!

Time for Peace by Barbara Cameron

I enjoyed that this book picks up the characters from the first book, Jenny and Matthew. These two young people were given a second chance at love after Matthew’s first wife passed away leaving him with three children to raise on his own. Coming home to get well after being serve injured while overseas with her job, Jenny and Matthew meet again, fall in love all over again and marry.

In this book we follow Jenny as others in the Amish community have babies, but it seems that all fails with Jenny and Matthew when trying to have a child of their own. Jenny loves Matthew’s three children as though they were her own, but she so wants a little one of her own with her new husband.

A lot of this story was Jenny being upset about a letter she found from her dad to her grandmother years earlier. She didn’t understand why her grandmother was on her dad’s side and not Jenny’s years back when they spent summers in the Amish community. I did think Jenny took this a little bit overboard, and it went on just a little too much throughout the book, but I guess it was needed for the story ending.

Overall, this was a great book and I thoroughly it. Actually this is a wonderful series to read and enjoy. The entire series deals with issues that people face today. And I appreciate that throughout the book the author stresses the need for trusting God with their struggles and difficulties in their life.

I encourage you to grab a copy of the three books in this series to read and enjoy for yourself. This is just a good, clean, enjoyable series of books to read.

A copy of this book was provided by Abingdon Press for me to read and review. I was not required or expected to write a positive review. The opinions in this review are mine only.

For more information or to read the first chapter go HERE

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Time for Peace.