Michele Harrod's Reviews > The Legacy: An Elder's Vision for Our Sustainable Future

The Legacy by David Suzuki

Apr 17, 12

Read from April 12 to 14, 2012

I love this little book, written by one of the greatest biologists and conservationists of our time. I would like to have the privilege of meeting David Suzuki, but mostly, I would like to somehow get this book, and his ideas into the hands of every living human being. NOW.

Because while it is filled with hope and optimism, it also contains a very frightening message. That we don't have very much time left, if we wish to live in this world, with all the beauty and vitality we see in it today.

The planet is on a tipping point. We have the courage, the tenacity and the genius to make the bold and audacious changes that will allow us all the chance to continue to exist on this magnificent planet. But we must act fast, and collectively. With the willingness to change our stories and our cultures, and to embrace entirely new paradigms of how life and society works.

I applaud his passion, and his endless commitment to conservation, in the face of being constantly silenced by those who wish to continue to rape the planet till the very last drop of life has been 'sold'.

Earth is not a commodity, she is our home, our mother and our life force. I pray this book will be the call that will wake us all up to be the change we need to see! It is only 96 pages. Please, for your future and for the planet - take the time to read this gem.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legacy.