Kelsey Ketch's Reviews > Whispers at Moonrise

Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

Dec 05, 2012

bookshelves: mystery, romance, supernatural, young-adult
Read from November 12 to 19, 2012

So one of the things I love about the Shadow Falls series is that they are so emotionally captivating! OMG! At the end of Whispers at Moonrise, I just wanted to scream, cry, and cheer all at the same time. I felt one with Kylie, feeling her joy, pain, and frustration.

I wouldn’t say Whispers at Moonrise is my favorite of the series, but it was an excellent read all the same! The mystery surrounding the ghost hunting Kylie, though not as grabbing as I found some of the others, was definitely intense. And I did enjoyed Kylie trying to catch the murderer before the person put Holiday in danger. I only felt it lacked challenge. The ghost was easier to understand, and the mystery itself seemed a little more predictable than usual.

Also, Lucas disappointed me in this novel. I feel like he’s changing, and not for the better. I understand some of the secrecy, but in some ways, I starting to think he’s taking his pack’s prejudices to heart. And what he did at the end of the Whispers at Moonrise just seemed wrong. Still, despite the fact he bloody broke my heart, I’m still strongly on team Lucas, though honestly, Derek is beginning to look the man for Kylie. Anyway, even if Lucas loses out in the end – which a part me thinks would be just deserts – all I hope is that Kylie finally finds some happiness. After everything, she deserves it.

All in all, I can’t believe the fourth book is over, and now, I have to wait for the fifth book to finally figure out how it all ends. UGH! I’m sitting at the edge of my seat!

For more book reviews, you can also visit my website over at Ketch’s Book Nook. Thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers at Moonrise.

11/16/2012 page 14