★Ruth★'s Reviews > Bared to You

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Jan 01, 14

bookshelves: favourites, female-pov, bad-boy, angst, series-read-adult-romance, 5-star-authors
Read from April 12 to 13, 2012

So this was recommended to me as a substitute for 50. Now I wouldn't go so far as to saw it's as good as 50 but it comes pretty close. Not so much on the kinky side but definitely on the emotional side.

Now I know that this may be a silly reason for liking a book but Eva (pretty name) isn't a virgin.(gasp, shock, horror) It seems to be the norm nowadays for the h to be a virgin which I find a bit hard to swallow for girls who are supposedly in their twenties & have had the whole college experience/ haven't lived a sheltered life etc.
And another thing for me was that she wasn't crying every 5 mins. That's another thing that really annoys me. If the girl is constantly crying over something than the truly emotional moments in a book loose their punch IMO.

So anyway, back to the story. Gideon is a great alpha male, he obviously has issue's but he realise's that something more is going on between himself & Eva & is willing to fight for it even though they both have major issue's & it's not going to be an easy ride.

There really are some smoking hot scene's in this story. So if you are not a fan of erotica then maybe this isn't for you. But if you are this also has a great story.

There is a sequel but this doesn't end on a major cliffhanger so read away without worrying about pulling your hair out.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bared to You.

04/12/2012
50.0% "ZOMG she's not virgin (shocker) nor does she sit around all day crying..I'm liking this girl a lot!" 1 comment
01/01/2014 marked as: series-read-adult-romance

Lucia I hate too when female character is crying constantly. And I am afraid that it will be too similar to Fifty and I don't want to reread the same story only with different characters...

★Ruth★ I have to say I really enjoyed it but it had been a couple of months and a lot of books since I read Fifty so I had enough of a break in between to not really be bothered by any similarities...I guess the similarities are the same as they are in any romance based book.