Eustacia Tan's Reviews > Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love

Click Millionaires by Scott Fox

Apr 12, 2012

Read in April, 2012

How many times have you heard of a "get-rich-quick-scheme"? It seems that everywhere, people are trying to set up their own blogshop or something similar. But whenever I look at the different sites, I have two main questions running in my mind: "how do they advertise themselves?" and "how do they persuade people to buy things?" This book, Click Millionaires, aims to show you through practical steps how to make money through the Internet.

The book is divided into 7 sections - Identifying your lifestyle goals, The principals behind these lifestyle businesses, Read about the different case studies, Find a profitable niche market, Learn ways to grow market share and make money and finally, Create an action plan. All in all, the book will inspire you (if at least for the moment), to go out there and do something you love. The steps described seem practical and there are many useful links given.

All in all, this book seems like a complement to The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris, which (if I remember correctly), also advocates using online businesses to create passive income. And I really liked how it emphasises on doing it yourself (and hiring help when needed) and for some reason, the tiny section on why you should not depend on Facebook completely ^^

Of course, I don't think this book is for everyone. While there are people dissatisfied with their jobs, there are probably lawyers, doctors, translators, etc who are having fun working. For them, they don't really need to read this book, although they should if they're thinking of starting a blog or vlog just to share their experiences (because they love their job so much).

An on another level, this book is thought-provoking. Personally, I wondered "is this suited for me?" I'm not working now (and not allowed to work by the School) so I don't know the answer yet. And on a more 'macro' lever, I wonder what will happen if there's suddenly a mass exodus of people going to set up their own businesses. Will companies learn to become more efficient with fewer workers? Will this compel companies to make work-life balance and job satisfaction for the remaining employees a priority instead of a "good-to-have"? And how will this change consumer spending?

In conclusion, this is an interesting book to read. This is especially so if you're a Internet-entrepreneur to be, because the book provides lots of practical ideas in an entertaining format. (And, it's a real life example of how to market your product without sounding pushy^^)

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

First posted at Inside the mind of a Bibliophile
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click Millionaires.

message 1: by Scott (last edited Apr 30, 2012 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott Fox Hi Eustacia,
Great to hear that you enjoyed my book, Click Millionaires.
I'm glad that it was interesting to you and provoked all those great questions you ask above.
There really are new types of career opportunities emerging online (even for the doctors and lawyers you mention).
I wrote Click Millionaires precisely to help them (and you) find new ways of working and living that can be more profitable (and satisfying) as online lifestyle entrepreneurs.
Thanks for the nice review.
Scott Fox

p.s. If you'd like to continue exploring an Internet business for yourself, come join us at http://www.ClickMillionaires.com. It's free to you as a book reader.

Eustacia Tan Scott wrote: "Hi Eustacia,
Great to hear that you enjoyed my book, Click Millionaires.
There really are new types o..."

Hi Scott

Thanks for the comment(: I'd really like to continue exploring the whole Internet business thing (although I'm not allowed to this year :p). How do I sign up on your website?

Scott Fox Hi Eustacia,
The new version of ClickMillionaires.com is not quite ready. It will launch with the book's publication around June 1.
If you visit ClickMillionaires.com then, we'd be happy to have you as a free member to continue your explorations.
Best,