Job's Reviews > Shopaholic Takes Manhattan

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella

Apr 12, 12

Read in April, 2012

Things just get better. Now that Becky has paid all of her overdrafts she’s off to a great start with her career in Morning Coffee and her blooming love life with Luke Brandon. Though she’s still having trouble controlling her spending even with the help of her bestfriend, Suze. Nothing could stop her from shopping which kind of got out of hand during her two week stay with Luke in New York. Everything seems to be going great. They both had a budding success in their own fiels; Luke in PR, Rebecca in American television. But then Becky’s been gaining an even much more overdraft than she ever had. One night everything was a such a bliss. A pefect life it is. The morning after was a nightmare. Bigger problem and the worse has happened to our lovable heroine. She did not only messed her career up but also caused damage on Luke’s PR company, Brandon Communications. But through all of this, she turned it all around. She settled her overdrafts once again by having an auction of her precious stuffs. Like what Suze said, shopping could really be an investment. And then, she followed her heart. She decided to stand up on her own to feet and went to America to start a new life on her own. Took a job that really suits her personality. What job could that be? Of course something that’s near to her heart and that’s shopping. Yes, still shopping but she’s now shopping for other people. She’s now a personal shopper at Barney’s. Suddenly, everything’s now falling into place once again. Even Luke has found his way back into her life.

I’ve giggled, gasped, laughed and awed countless of times while reading this second installment of the Shopaholic series. It really got me hooked. I just can’t wait to read the next book in the series and I have a feeling Luke and Rebecca’s going to get married! Why did I think so? Well, doesn’t the title ring the wedding bells?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shopaholic Takes Manhattan.