Annabelle's Reviews > Adorkable

Adorkable by Sarra Manning

Apr 16, 12

Read from April 13 to 15, 2012

I received Adorkable from Atom to read and review. When I first found out about this book, I thought it would be a very interesting read. After all I'm a geek and could probably relate to things in the book. It was a very different to what I expected. Although it is filled with wise advice which everyone needs.

Adorkable follows Jeane Smith, a blogger who owns her own lifestyle brand called Adorkable. She's a complete dork and she knows it. She makes it her own. She's comfortable with who she is and doesn't care about what others think until Michael Lee, the most popular boy in school starts talking to her. He tells her that he thinks, his girlfriend and her boyfriend are secretly seeing each other. And we soon find out that they are. Without her boyfriend Jeane's more alone then ever before, that is until she ends up snogging Michael Lee. From then on, they keep things completely a secret but they just can't leave each other alone.

I have to admit at first I really disliked the two main characters, Jeane and Michael. They were both too cocky and judgemental for their own goods. I even put the book down because they annoyed me so much. Even then the pull of the story was begging me to pick it back up and I did and I really enjoyed it. A few chapters in you get used to the characters and who they are. Jeane was very unique, she was bossy, cocky, loud and of course a dork. She would stand up for herself and show people it's ok to be different and I think this is a really serious topic in the modern world. Michael was the simple popular boy, he was also cocky but aren't all popular boys? He saw Jeane as a real person not some freak, although he did judge her, he still waited for her side of the story so he understood her background.

Adorkable is a cute and easy read. It flows easily and it doesn't make your head hurt thinking about the plot. It's a cute and quirky book which many teenagers can relate too. I especially loved the theme of character growth and finding out who you really are in this book. It was incredibly well done and something that everyone goes through. It also stresses the idea that it's ok to be different and honestly it really is. If Jeane was real then I think I would definitely be one of the thousands who followed her blog. She's the Queen of Dork and we need someone like that today who shows that being different is perfectly ok.

I need to inform you now, that this isn't a book for younger readers. It definitely contains content that isn't suitable for young people. Atom recommends you need to be at least 14 to read this book. I would even go on to say you need to be a year or two older than that but obviously its up to the individual.

Adorkable is a nice easy read which contains many words of wisdom that everyone needs in their life. I really enjoyed it, I didn't want to put it down. It's a cute story that many teenagers will enjoy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adorkable.

04/13/2012 page 52
04/13/2012 page 52
15.0% "Argh, the two main characters are so stuck up. I instantly dislike them both. I think I'm going to put this book down and read another. I will go back to it though!" 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

Paulina Vera sweetie hi ! Can I ask you a big favor? I'm dying to read this book, you have it in mobi/epub format? Can I have it? <3 please !

Annabelle Paulina wrote: "sweetie hi ! Can I ask you a big favor? I'm dying to read this book, you have it in mobi/epub format? Can I have it? <3 please !"

I only have it as a paperback sorry. I dont give my books away!

Paulina Vera so lucky ! ** was it good?

Annabelle Paulina wrote: "so lucky ! ** was it good?"

It was awesome!