visesten's Reviews > The False Prince

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

U_50x66
Apr 30, 12

Read on April 30, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Prince.

04/30/2012 page 191
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

visesten Ohhhhhh! What a twist! I didn't see that coming at all! Really enjoying this book!!!

næntsi LOL, what twist? I was mostly unsurprised at about pretty much everything.

message 3: by kureha (last edited Jun 21, 2012 11:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

kureha Hmph. As always, I’m behind~ GoT is still taking over my life. :P

næntsi That's okay. ;D It just means that you have a lot of books to choose from when you do finally move on from GoT. :P

visesten Haha! Yeah, better too much to chose from than too little to choose from.

@kuinni: so you totally saw that coming? Given there was like a vague hint or two in reference to his background, but in general it was pretty obscure (in my opinion at least). I really liked the main character and while the story could have had more meat it didn't bother me the slightest. The whole thing just worked for me I guess :P

message 6: by næntsi (last edited May 01, 2012 12:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

næntsi KURE, AVERT THY EYES! SPOILERS AHEAD!

@visesten: I'm not sure what you mean, the (view spoiler)? Well, with a title like "The False Prince" and here along comes mysterious boy, I'd say no, I wasn't surprised. (view spoiler) I kind of guessed from the very beginning, but something around there made the possibility very possible. Or was it before? `-`; I think I was just probably too lazy to update so didn't do it until 17%. Huh. I'll have to check the location in the story. Personally, I was hoping (view spoiler)

Not that I'm unhappy with the book. It's good, I just can't say I didn't see it all coming, lol.

visesten LOL! Well, because I didn't see that "twist" coming I really believed the author was going there and yes it definitely would have made the story more compelling, more meaty so to speak, had the she stuck to that course. Things got tied up a bit too conveniently, almost making it feel like standalone novel instead of the first book of a series. Not much of a cliffhanger but I'll still stick around for the sequel :)

I'm also glad that the friendship with Imogen didn't turn into something romancy, there was no time to for that and would just have been an annoying disturbance. It made sense why he'd look out for her, she reminds him of his mother and since he failed to protect her he's kinda trying to make up for that...

message 8: by næntsi (last edited May 02, 2012 08:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

næntsi I like my meat! LOL. Meat! /carnivore

I do like the fact that Sage is a boy. If he had been a girl, instant romance! I have a feeling the author may just be setting us up here though. Think about it. On the one hand, Imogen, perfectly cute girl. On the other, the Princess, betrothed and not without beauty. Do I sense a love tri in the future? I hope not. Though if I were to guess, the Princess will die when she's old and suffered her heartbroken heart for many years, and Sage will somehow manage to marry Imogen. After he beats up the rest of the kingdoms around him, I mean, so that no one can question his supremacy.

I also agree with you that the ending was tied up too conveniently. My reaction to the end was, "Uhh. That's it? You're all going to dance and that's the supposed conclusion?"

I'll be sticking around for the sequel too, though you guys will have to keep me updated on that one. :P