Megan's Reviews > Cream Puff Murder

Cream Puff Murder by Joanne Fluke

Apr 11, 2012

Read from April 11 to 14, 2012

04/11/2012 I am a little more than a quarter way through the book but off the bat there was an error that irked me. Hannah had pepperoni in her hair and suddenly its sausage on the next page. I cannot stand it when Fluke makes mistakes like this after dragging the book out for as long as possible. The murder has not even happened yet.

04/13/2012- I am done with the book. This is the reason why these books all get 3 star reviews:
*Fluke drags things out too long. I don't want to wait 1/4 of the book for the murder to happen or spend 1/4 of the book reading about some lame subplot like what Hannha's cat is up to. Half of the book is fluff.
*I almost thought we made it through this one without Hannah going into one of her speeches making her sound so smug and smart. Almost..... Fluke snuck it in there.
*The love triangle.
*Hannah found the body again. Geeze since she is such a busybody why cant someone else find the body stop making excuses for her to investigate. No one finds that many dead bodies.
*Not much has changed over 11 books. Same old same old.

Finally this is a spoiler alert***** Hannah finds out Mike had been sleeping with Ronni Ward. Even if she has been playing two men at least she is not sleeping with them and they know that. You would think Hannah would get a clue espically after this book. She comes to realize Norman is the right man for her but does nothing! Its so frustrating.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cream Puff Murder.

Reading Faerie "Fluke drags things out too long."
"Hannah finds out Mike had been sleeping with Ronni Ward. Even if she has been playing two men at least she is not sleeping with them and they know that. You would think Hannah would get a clue especially after this book. She comes to realize Norman is the right man for her but does nothing! Its so frustrating. "

I agree. This is why I always give them a "low" 3 star rating or less.