Leigh's Reviews > Eversworn

Eversworn by Hailey Edwards

Apr 11, 2012

bookshelves: angels-and-demons
Read from April 19 to 24, 2012

Hailey Edwards has captured me as a devoted reader in discovering the realms of Askara. Her books continue to be emotionally challenging, with plenty of beautifully crafted, sexy scenes as well as enthralling plot lines and rich world building. If you haven't started the series at the beginning, Please read Everlong and then Evermine before this book. You won't be disappointed in the demons of Askara.

The third book in the series left me a little confused at first - of the characters I expected Hailey to focus on next, I was shocked to discover the book was about Dillon and Isabeau. During the first two books, they were present but as supporting characters, and honestly, not characters I was very interested in. I was wary at first when i realized that's who the story would focus on, but quickly overcame my own trepidation. Of all the books thus far in the series, the plot in this one was the most intriguing and involving. The character development was significantly better than the first two books and I felt like I was sunk into the sands of Askara as never before. Even if I didn't like the characters before, I began to love them because of their very apparent flaws and equally apparent strengths. Dillon's sudden fierceness and desire for Isabeau and all of her baggage, regardless of the cost to him, is awe inspiring - (Only to find a REAL guy like that, huh? Wow.)

I can't really say anything about the story that hasn't been stated in other reviews, but I will leave a few of my favorite quotes in the quotes section soon! Ultimately this is a solid addition to the book series, and I hope it isn't the last. Things in Askara are just getting hotter and hotter! Keep it up Ms. Edwards!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eversworn.