Vanessa's Reviews > The Falcon at the Portal

The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters

F_50x66
Apr 21, 12

Read from April 11 to 20, 2012

As usual, Amelia and her family get in a sticky situation, but they figure out how to get out of it together. As with her recent books, there is less archaeology happening in this book and more drama and trying to catch the killer. I hope that Ms. Peters gets back to the archaeology in future books because I miss seeing more of that.

Part way through this book, there is a wonderful scene between Nefret and Ramses - something that I've been waiting to witness for several books now. I was surprised that in the next scene, Nefret didn't give Ramses the benefit of the doubt when he was shockingly accused of something by a scumbag of a man. I felt that it was very out of character for her to just run off and not even listen to an explanation or yell at him. When she runs away, she commits another completely rash action that is out of character again. It ends up damaging the previous wonderful family dynamic as well as her own confidence and spunk. I have read others' reviews of this book and I'm not the only one to wonder what the heck she was thinking and why the author decided on this course of action. Thankfully I already have the next book out of the library and I started listening to it as soon as I finished this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Falcon at the Portal.