Beckie's Reviews > The Eternal Ones

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Apr 11, 12

Read from April 11 to 12, 2012

While I do my best to stay away from paranormal books, the concept of eternity leaped up at me while I was roaming the shelves at my local library. The Eternal Ones caught my gaze and I was pleasantly delighted to find a story that reached deep into an idea that's so seemingly taboo.

Kirsten Miller offers the audience of paranormal readers a whole different kind of eternity and it was a welcome change in pace for me.

Character development was slow, but steady and the stretch towards climax was long, however, I believe it was worth it. Once the action picked up and the live(s) began to unfold I could not stop reading. The history, the lore became fascinating and every place was steeped in secrets only lovers (and destroyers) know.

Still, the antagonist remains rather one-dimensional at times yet even then it is probably best that Miller left him this way. There are many secrets and lies that the reader must sift through, much in the same way that our heroine Haven sifts through despite her annoying tug-of-war game with Iain. The reader is also asked to believe even though many doubts remain. It is a hard thing to do if you are not willing to "follow Haven's lead" so to speak, but in the end it is worth it.

Seeing as there is a sequel I'll be looking for it because Miller leaves you wondering even more. The same questions that only those who ponder about love's everlasting power: Is love that eternal? Will true love bring us back together? Will we always be parted? Will the other side win?

If you're in need of a different paranormal scene, trust me, The Eternal Ones might just be the antidote you need. Just keep an open mind because of course, all is not as it seems.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Ones.