A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)'s Reviews > Dark Future

Dark Future by K.C. Klein

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: e-book, review-requested, sci-fi, romance
Read from April 11 to 22, 2012

Kris Davenport, a surgical intern, is woken up in the middle of the night and is scared shitless by a future version of herself. An older, weary, harder, tougher, kick ass version, but definitely her. Her future self tells her she has come back to send Kris forward, again, to get The Prophecy right. She can’t fail because Armageddon has happened and the dark future rests on her shoulders. She needs to fulfill The Prophecy and turn the dark future to the light. And to do that she needs to run up the side of a mountain before dawn comes. After that, well…it gets very interesting.

This story reminded me a lot of Terminator because there were many parallels. You take an ordinary run-of-the-mill person who doesn’t appear to have anything really special about them and throw them into an unbelievable mind-boggling situation and see if they have the gonads to do what is needed. Time travel, a prophecy, end of the world as we know it, survival of mankind depending on basically one person, a person we don’t think has what it takes to get the job done. Ready, set, watch it unfold.

I loved this story. It was smooth and fast-paced, the characters were interesting, well-fleshed and believable, the plot exciting. I certainly hope our future isn’t dark like the one in this story. That would suck and not in a good way. At least we’re left with hope and that’s never a bad thing.

*The author provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page on my blog.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Future.