JoAnne's Reviews > Another Grave Matter

Another Grave Matter by Anita Higman

F_50x66
Sep 09, 13

Read in April, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I started off liking this book. Then, the further I read, I realized the heroine was an idiot. She kept going into dark, creepy places without telling anyone. I would like to believe that no one is that stupid. But soon I again realized that she could have been dangling on a high wire over a ravine with alligators in a lagoon below and she would have been just fine. Why? Because this was a Christian novel. Nothing could happen to her as long as she had her faith in God. (FYI, I have faith in God also, but I don't do stupid things). So, it became less interesting to me and I just wanted to finish it because I knew she (and those she loved) would be just fine. No mystery there.
In fact, all kinds of horrible people were surrounding her, but of course, in true Christian fashion, by the end of the book, they were all reformed and asking for forgiveness. All problems were solved, and I really think the end should have been something like this: "There was a wonderful meadow with rainbows, butterflies and unicorns, and everyone was dancing happily through the grass." Really. That's how tidily everything was tied up in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Grave Matter.