Maria's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read from April 11 to 17, 2012, read count: 1

As in the first two books in this series, it got off to a slow start. I remember distinctly when it took off, because my last thought was, "Yes! Salander is back!" and I didn't surface again until the book was done, at a whopping 4:50AM. Whew! I was a bit disappointed that I never really got around to liking most of the characters, except Salander. Blomtvist's superficial romantic (I use the term loosely, because Blomtvist wouldn't know romance if it jumped up and bit him on the ass.) episodes drove me nuts, which is one of the reasons that I don't like to read many male authors. They seem to think that sex is enough. It never is. Even at the end, I had trouble believing that he was going to be faithful to his latest. The sidebar with Erika Berger going to another magazine and her troubles was a bit of relief from the worries about Salander but I didn't think much of Erika either, so I could have easily edited this section out. I was also a bit disappointed that Salander's problems all came to roost on a quasi-government group. It would have been better for me, if it had just been a government who tries to do right but sometimes slips up, as we all know it does. This just seemed to be a copout. Too bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.