Joy Colclasure's Reviews > The Tiny Seed

The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle

F 50x66
Apr 11, 2012

bookshelves: plants-flowers, science, seasons, weather, eric-carle

I love this author! He is by far one of my favorites. I recently read this book to my pre-k children. Our theme was gardens. The children enjoyed this book so much that they clapped and cheered after I read it. This is a great book to show children how a plant or flower grows. It also talks about the seasons of the year. It even has some good positional words and some new vocabulary words for children.Even though this book is a little long, it kept the childrens attention.

Extension Activity: An activity that I would do after reading this book to my children, is seed sorting. I would allow a small group of children to come to the table and sort four diffrent types of seeds. I would tell the children what type each seed was and show them a picture of the flower, plant, or vegetable that the seed belongs to. As the children sort the seeds they can glue them down to a piece of paper that is divided into four sections by lines. This is a great math activity as well as a way to learn what some diffrent types of seeds are.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tiny Seed.