Melanie's Reviews > My Life as a White Trash Zombie

My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland

“I'm finally getting my life together. Too bad I had to die first.”

My Life As a White Trash Zombie is the fantastic story of Angel, a drugged out loser, who gets a second chance at turning her life around, only catch is, she is now a Zombie.

I'm sure the wonderful people who read my reviews, or even just talk to me, know that I love my zombies. While Warm Bodies opened my eyes to the thinking, talking, loving zombie, My Life As a White Trash Zombie has blown my mind on this new versions of zombies.

I'm not going to lie, they feel a little vampirey to me, and if your a zombie traditionalist you might not like Angel and Co so much.

If you put my Zombie snobbery aside, this is an awesome zombie story. It has beheading's , brain eating,love and inappropriate sexual zombie jokes.
I love the characters, they felt real (even if they were dead) they didnt change there personalities to drastically fit into their new found respect for their lives, every reaction felt real and in context.

Rowland makes the Zombies seem realistic and the situation plausible, plus props for the amazing cover art...I mean just look at it, thank God the book lived up to it!

I thought I might end on the said sexual joke

"It reminds me of an old joke: What did the Zombie say to the whore?"
I looked at him blankly. "Um....what?"
He winked. "Keep the tip."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life as a White Trash Zombie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacia (the 2010 club) This cover always makes me stop and look every time.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura that cover is awesomeness!

Melanie such an awesome cover looks awesome on my book case

Stacia (the 2010 club) Great review. :) It must be zombie week around here because I just read The First Days and loved it and have another zombie book planned for the weekend. I'll have to give this one a go sometime.

Melanie I have had a zombie month! its been insane but all soo good