Darlene's Reviews > Divine By Mistake

Divine By Mistake by P.C. Cast

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: kindle-books-i-own, adult, centaurs, fantasy, feminism, horses, i-want-to-read-again, kindle, not-loanable, magick, mythology, oklahoma, strong-fem, vampires, womyn
Recommended to Darlene by: An accidental loan from the library of one of the next in the series
Recommended for: Yvensong, Cher-lynn Maynard, Cheryl in CC NV, S. Michele, Tom, Chris maybe even Ralph!
Read from April 11 to 16, 2012, read count: 1 but I may read it again later

Oh. My. God(dess). WOW!

This was a fun adventure. It isn't a YA rather the adventure is for a thirty something adult. It is reality meets mythology/fantasy. It is Now crashing into Celtic times. I mention vampires in my tags/shelves but they are really Formorians. They are bat-like humanoids that are just evil. And our heroine fights them to the death in her Goddess-incarnate form. But that is what I would expect from a former English teacher!

Got your attention? This is a great book and I can hardly wait to get back into the series.

I loved the characters and, yes, the romantic twists that occur.

Shannon Parker is a sassy, fun person to be around, even if she is only the character on the pages in a book. She knows her stuff and has a few flaws, might I say she could use a 12-step program for that wine problem? But when she becomes all she can be (what, did she join the army?) she is more than a force of nature!

There are times when a wife might say her husband is a horse's ass, but maybe one should watch what they say. Shannon's husband is all man when he isn't a centaur.

Ok, I need to stop. You must read the book. I don't want to spoil it any further. It is fun!

If you can't afford it, insist that the library carry it. It isn't loanable in Kindle form. Sorry.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine By Mistake.

04/12/2012
19.0% "THIS IS FUN!"
04/12/2012
27.0% "This is very enjoyable!"
04/14/2012
50.0% "Still enjoying this read!"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by S. (new) - added it

S. Is this the first book in the series? Do you know the series order?

Darlene This is the first. There is a prequel quickie, Divine Beginnings, that helps you get to know the MC and worlds better. I would guess that the story would stand without the prequel, though.
So:
P.C. Cast

Divine Beginnings (Partholon, #0.5) by P.C. Cast

Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1) by P.C. Cast

Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2) by P.C. Cast

Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3) by P.C. Cast

Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4) by P.C. Cast

Brighid's Quest (Partholon, #5) by P.C. Cast

I found it difficult to figure out the order. Finally, I found all of P.C. Cast's series on the author's page.

I can hardly wait to get back to Cast's worlds!

message 3: by S. (new) - added it

S. Thanks! I'll get to it as soon as I can find them and then find the time. lol

Darlene Wish they were loanable. But I met them through an accidental borrow from the library. That edition happened to be the fourth. Very good and I can hardly wait to start the next book!