Opal's Reviews > Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued

Georgiana Darcy's Diary by Anna Elliott

Apr 11, 2012

bookshelves: jane-austen, regency, romance
Read from June 16 to 18, 2012

Georgiana Darcy is one of my favorite Pride and Prejudice characters. I loved her shy demeanor and I always thought she possessed a special something. I also thought that she could be developed into a main character quite nicely.

In Georgiana Darcy's Diary, you get a complete look into the working of her mind. Her narrative is sweet and unaffected. As she reveals her love for her cousin, Edward Fitzwilliam, you're able to see how deeply her passions run. You also see how she became so shy and reserved and what exactly motivates her as a person.

During the time she writes in her diary, a house party is at Pemberley. All manner of occurrences take place. From marriage proposals to masquerades. One of those things is the blossoming of her cousin, Anne De Brough. As Anne comes out of her shell so does Georgiana.

The romance that takes place isn't all wooing and courting. It's more unaffected then that. It doesn't make it any less romantic. It's between two people who have known each other all their lives. One of them has only just realized their love for the other.

While the spelling isn't in keeping with Jane Austen, the language is more authentic then other books I've read like it. Although the culmination of the romance was rather out of character for both of the players. I could suspend belief to carry the story through. It is a romance. So romantic endings will out and it was an entertaining climax to an entertaining book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Georgiana Darcy's Diary.

06/18/2012