Turtles's Reviews > Confessions of a Cake Addict

Confessions of a Cake Addict by Emma Kaufmann

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: yuck

I got this as yesterday's free Kindle book. I read it, but gave up at 21% in. I kept pushing further hoping to see a glimmer of the arc where Kate begins some kind of redemption, but she kept rolling along making mistakes. And she was annoying since she didn't learn from them, despite her sister's letters giving good advise. I've read diary and letter style books, but it didn't go very well in this book. The sister's letters were fine... but the way Kate's "letters" read were unrealistic. The author should have stuck with 1st or 3rd person instead of the choppy letter style. I didn't feel like someone would write about the way they said something or mention the candlestick on the bar while writing their sister. As if the author jumped into another point of view during the letter then cleaned up the speech at the beginning and end so it "felt" like a letter? It was crazy confusing. I hope Kate eventually got things straightened out, but this story was not for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Cake Addict.