Nicole's Reviews > The Coming Home Place

The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer

5619426
Oh god I absolutely hated, hated, HATED this book. You have a doormat, spineless, prude of a wife and a cruel, cheating, self centered, jackass of a husband. The only thing I liked about this book was Nathan who was a sweetie pie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coming Home Place.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks Oh, this one made me see red when I read it. My friend loved it and kept saying I would too and I had such the opposite reaction. Hated it so much & didn't care if both of them died, they were such idiots. That's not to say some parts didn't make me bawl but overall, it just made me so angry about what happened in it.

message 2: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks Also, Nathan got his own story, if I remember correctly, but I haven't read it yet.

message 3: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks Oops. Not Nathan. I meant the brother, Matthew gets his own book in Fire & Water but like I said, I haven't read it yet.

Nicole mad4rombks wrote: "Oh, this one made me see red when I read it. My friend loved it and kept saying I would too and I had such the opposite reaction. Hated it so much & didn't care if both of them died, they were such..."

Ugh, I know. A friend also recommended this book to me saying 'You're going to love it'. Well I certainly did not to say the least. I did choke up about the baby's death and when they were at his grave. Other then that, Nope. And the mistress was still hanging around. What? Even after he found out she had married someone while she was supposedly dead.

Nicole I' have to seriously contemplate reading it but I did like Matthew too.

message 6: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks Yes, those 2 scenes had me in tears. Also the one where Matthew hugged her, if I'm remember correctly. The one that pissed me off was when he was carrying the baby and he was telling him that he (the baby) should have been his and the mistress' baby WHILE THE HEROINE WAS AT THE DOOR LISTENING. Hell no, he didn't! She just gave birth to your child and you say that? WTF kind of hero is that?

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Apr 11, 2012 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Nicole mad4rombks wrote: "Yes, those 2 scenes had me in tears. Also the one where Matthew hugged her, if I'm remember correctly. The one that pissed me off was when he was carrying the baby and he was telling him that he (t..."

That confims my theory of the heroine being a spineless doormat. Yeah it was written ages ago but NO woman would be so adoring, devoted, whatever the hell she was after hearing that. He was the one of the worst heroes I've ever read about. I hate when heroes have women they swear they're in love with. (i.e The Velvet Promise) Then there was the simple fact he didn't grovel. I am now placing him in the league with Susan Johnson's heroes. I hate those men so much and her books are so bad theyre addictingly good.